Sunday 1 May 2011

Royal Wedding Recap



So I wasn't at the actual ceremony, but I was soaking up the buzz in London this weekend. It was a Royal Fashion Extravaganza to say the least. Because I'm originally from America, I am still trying to adjust to all the " hats" on the heads of every woman at the ceremony. I gather that it must be a tradition as well as a fashion statement. Some were nice, but some were just weird. Usually I'm all for wearing art, but when it's positioned so close to the face, I lose the woman all together. I honestly can't remember what a single one of their faces looked like. I was too distracted by the thing on her head. Enough of that, hopefully I will get used to it. I have a feeling that is not going out of style anytime soon.

I thought all of the dresses were amazing, except Liz's. I'm just not a fan of yellow dresses. I think it looks like a joke, unlike Red or Green which can really work well.

Kates dress number 1 was stunning!! It absolutely took my breath away. She looked like the fairytale princess we all envisioned growing up, and it couldn't have fit her style and body more perfectly.
Dress number 2 for the afters was, I thought, just as exquisite. Maybe when you are that beautiful, everything looks stunning on.

Faces looked fresh. No strong statements were made, which I think is s little boring, but it is a royal wedding after all.
Kate did her own makeup, which i found very odd. I thought she would have someone who was an expert on how makeup photographs. Given that every camera in the world was directed on her face.
But then again, when you are that beautiful, you don't need a makeup expert.

Beautiful girl. Beautiful dress. Beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment