Sunday 17 April 2011

MAC (Makeup Art Cosmetics)

Ok. I'm going to go ahead and get my rant about MAC out of the way. As you will notice from time to time by my blog posts, I am a huge fan. I know this product. I trust this product.

10 Things I Love About MAC:

1. I love the way they have a number system for shades of foundations, concealers, and powders. (NC 20, NW 30, etc)
This makes it much easier for the artist as well as the consumer. With this system, I can purchase 5 types of foundation in the same exact shade!! Also, when I'm mixing foundation I am going by numbers and not names like Toasty Beige or Sandy Beige. Such a time saver!!

2. I love the amount of eye shadows that are available. Some might say, "why would you need all those shades??"
But it's more about the variety of finishes on the shades. (matte, satin, velux pearl, etc)

3. I love the packaging. It's sturdy, sleek, and isn't overly eye-catching. (as not to suggest that it might be compensating for the product inside)

4. I love the Viva Glam program, and that it promotes value of the quality of human life. What a great way to raise money for AIDS, and also a way for us MAC enthusiasts to collect limited edition items. Go pick up a tube or three today!! All of the profits go toward the MAC AIDS fund.

5. I love MAC Brushes!! They have everything an artist looks for. Quality of materials, durability, and great results. I also love how they make sets that are more affordable for the general public. The durability isn't quite the same because they aren't handmade like the others, but the results are equal!!

6. I love the creativity behind all the collections they release. They are always different, catchy, and most importantly relatable. I mean, who didn't watch Wonder Woman as a child?? I know I did. I loved me some Linda Carter. Lol.

7. I love that MAC caters to the needs of every person who wears makeup. Ranging from barely there coverages like MAC Face and Body Foundation, to the masking qualities of it's Full Coverage Foundation. Eyeshadows come in both subtle and screaming shades. Your lips can be more shades of pinks, reds, purples, and neaurals than you ever dreamed possible. Even offering mineral products for those who have jumped on that bandwagon.

8. I love that MAC employees are encouraged to play up their uniqueness. I think that's so important these days. Why CANT people have pink hair and green eyebrows??

9. I love that MAC products are long wearing and durable when applied correctly. And don't even get me started on the Pro Longwear line. Not a touchup in sight!! Magic must be high on the ingredients list. Lol.

10. I love that MAC products sell themselves. You won't see emplyees bothering customers, shoving product down their throat. When it's a good thing, it's a good thing.

Obviously I could continue, but I imagine that even if you have gotten this far reading this, you are probably tired.

Until next time...


Dublin Makeup Man
Steve Harris
Dublin Makeup Artist
www.facebook.com/dublinmakeupman
dublinmakeupman@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment